Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Reached a max speed?

video 

So, this week's progress has been to update the software. I have gotten the software to a point, as seen in the video above, where it appears like it is running as fast as the software can go. We need to sit down and debug the system more, because clock speed settings and common sense say that we should be running it faster than it currently is doing. It is also a problem if this is running as fast as it can, because from here it can only get slower as we add more processing in the background.

I am presently thinking about moving the serial clocking out to the foreground again, having it update once with the serial buffer, and then using a boolean to track whether or not this data has already been clocked out. This would take lower precedence than incoming serial data, but it should make clocking out faster. I am wondering if, in the future, a faster board may be better, but one step at a time.